John M Schminky
John M Schminky, BS Mechanical Engineering, has over 12 years of engineering and project management experience in experimental research, air pollution control equipment, project planning, engineering, procurement, scheduling, and construction coordination.
John is a Co-Founder of the Motus Group, Inc and has held the title of Principal Engineer for over 4 years. Motus Group provides engineered solutions, field services, parts, and equipment for industrial and commercial emissions control systems.
Prior to forming the Motus Group, John successfully served 8 years in the United States Marine Corps. After an Honorable Discharge, John began working for NOAA where he worked as a Geophysical Data Analysist in the Solar Terrestrial Physics Division conducting Ionospheric research. After 3 years at NOAA, John transitioned to ADA-ES, Inc. (ADA) where he worked for 5 years and held multiple positions within the company.
While at ADA John held multiple roles. He most recent role was Manager of Project Engineering where he oversaw project engineering, design, and project management activities for ADA’s emission control equipment. In this position, he managed a team of 5 engineers, 3 project managers, and 6 electrical and mechanical designers.
Some of John’s major accomplishments include:
- Worked in conjunction with the State Department at designated U.S. Consulate and Embassy facilities. Acquired international work experience throughout Western Europe and South America.
- Built multiple ionospheric sounding antennas. Deployed and installed equipment in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Successfully completed the installation of over 15 Activated Carbon Injection (ACI) and 15 Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) systems valued at over $70M.
- Participated in 27 demonstration and consulting projects which led to the validation and sale of products used by power generation units to comply with the MATS market.
Erik G Moe
Erik G Moe, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, has over 11 years of engineering and project management experience in the commercial sector with a majority coming from his work in the emission control and alternative energy research industries.
Erik is a Co-Founder of the Motus Group, Inc and has held the title of Principal Engineer for over 4 years. Motus Group provides engineered solutions, field services, parts, and equipment for industrial and commercial emissions control systems.
Prior to forming the Motus Group, Erik was employed at ADA-ES, Inc. (ADA) and, before that, with the Energy and Environmental Research Center (EERC) where he designed, built, managed and tested state of the art alternative energy production systems and emissions reductions systems.
Care and Field Services where he oversaw the equipment, parts, services, and technical support needs of ADA’s broad customer base. He also managed a team of internal and external field resources, as well as, the ADA Customer Care team and the shipping and receiving department.
In his previous position at ADA, Erik served as a project manager where he successfully completed 20 systems projects encompassing the installation of over 35 Activated Carbon Injection (ACI) and Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) systems valued at over $40M.
Some of Erik’s major accomplishments include:
- Design and construction of a state of the art mobile down draft gasification system
- Major ACI and DSI system design changes contributing to significant operational cost savings and improved system reliability
- Design and implementation of processes and organizational structures for ADA’s Customer Care division and the growth of that business to date
- Successful and on-time completion of over 50 system start-ups requiring more than 130 specific site visits
- Development and implementation of ADA’s Operational Health Check and Routine Inspection programs designed to improve system effectiveness and reduce plant operating costs